We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We finally have some news about the proposed Disneyland reopening dates! Disneyland and California Adventure are scheduled to reopen on the on July 17th. July 17th is actually the 65th anniversary of Disneyland’s opening date, so it’s definitely a special day! Other Disney locations will open on these dates:
July 9th – Downtown Disney
July 17th – Disneyland and California Adventure – DELAYED!!
July 23rd – Disney Grand California Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel
Theme park capacity will be significantly limited so Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests (including Annual Passholders) to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. Disneyland will be releasing more details about this new reservation system soon. At this time, there is a temporary pause on new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals.
Just like Disney World there are quite a few rules and limitations associated with the park opening. Here is a peek at the way things will operate when Disneyland opens again.
- Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings, like parades and nighttime spectaculars will not be available during the reopening and will return at a later date.
- Character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable, however characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight guests.
- Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon.
For a limited time you can still buy tickets through Get Away Today! I highly recommend Get Away Today for your Disneyland vacation needs. I have used their services on more than a dozen of our Disneyland trips and their service is top notch! Even better, the prices on their package deals often beat those that you can find directly through Disney or if you purchased your hotel and Disneyland tickets separately. If you book a 2-night or longer stay at Disneyland you can use the code THRIVING10 at checkout to save an additional $10 off the package price. You also have the option to buy Disneyland admission tickets at a reduced rate if you don’t need a hotel. The reduced rates are valid on all 2-5 day tickets, single day tickets will need to be purchased directly through Disneyland. You can add the Peace of Mind Plan for $75 on packages and $25 for ticket only sales (it’s $25 for all the tickets you buy, not per ticket) which will allow you to get a refund if you have to cancel for any reason.
If you miss Disneyland like I do, here are some posts to help you get your Disneyland fix:
- Hotel reviews of all the hotels we’ve used around Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Tips for getting a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance
- Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Snacks
- Complete Guide to Pixar Pier
- Make a custom lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop
- Tips for One Day at Disneyland
- Saving Money when Dining at Disneyland
- 10 of the Best Places to eat Lunch at Disneyland
- 10 of the Best Places to eat Breakfast at Disneyland
- Our visit to Club 33
- Mickey Tic Tac Toe in a Bag
- 7 Reasons I Prefer Disneyland over Disney World