We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I had breakfast at the Hanger Cafe in Seattle and ordered something similar to this an I absolutely loved it. It inspired me to make my own version at home and this is what I came up with. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it turns out it was a huge hit and everyone in my family loved it.
Raspberry French Toast Ingredients
- 1 Large loaf of Sourdough or french bread cut into cubes (day old bread works great)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half, or Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
1. Cut loaf of bread into one inch cubes
2. Place bread cubes into a 9×13 Baking pan and set aside
3. In mixing bowl add Eggs, Half and Half, Milk, Vanilla, and granulated Sugar and beat together. Once mixed well, pour over the bread cubes in the 9×13 dish.
4. Sprinkle raspberries throughout.
5. To make the topping, add the following to a mixing bowl: cut in butter, add brown Sugar, Flour, and Cinnamon blend together with pastry cutter.
6. Sprinkle topping over bread and egg mixure, and cover and put in fridge for overnight or several hours.
7. Remove cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If you want a crispier top, you can cook it a little longer.
Garnish with fresh Raspberries, powdered Sugar, and Maple syrup. Enjoy!