This Avocado Egg Bake recipe is simple and delicious! It is also a nice substitution for a baked potato.
- 2 ripe avocado large
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice (I used a Mexican mix)
- 3 slices of cooked chopped bacon (or bacon bits)
- 2 green onions or chives.
- Salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional topping)
- First cut avocados in half, discard pit (for large avocados, you may need to scoop out a bit of the avocado)
- The larger the avocado the better, one nice size large avocado will hold one egg nicely
- Add salt and pepper and top with cheese
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
- Add your desired toppings (bacon, green onions, salsa and cilantro are great options)