We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
These Apple Cranberry Pies in a jar would be great to take to a party or to hand out as gifts. There is just something fun about giving gifts in jars! This recipe will make 4 half pint pies.
- 1 package Ready made Pie Crust (2 crusts) or make your own
- 2 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/8 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING
- In a large sauce pan add Water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cornstarch.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce hat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
DIRECTIONS FOR CRUST
- Use inner lid from mason jar to trace pie tops on crust. Cut out and set aside.
- Take remaining crust and piece crust into jars to completely cover bottom and sides up to rim.
- Make sure you press crust to uniform thickness.
- Fill Jar 3/4 full.
- Use a small cookie cutter to create vent in crust.
- place crust on top of jar and press down in and crimp top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes or until crust is brown.
This is part of our Homemade Holiday series, click the image above to see all of the great gifts and recipes we have posted.