Jazz up your salad and give this Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad a try!
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts shredded
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or walnut slightly roasted
- 2/3 cup goat cheese crumbled.
- Make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until combined well
- Shred the Brussel sprouts with either a grater or food processor
- Add Brussel sprouts to large bowl and add dressing
- Toss and then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- In frying pan add a drizzle of olive oil and slightly toast nuts
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Removed Brussel Sprouts from refrigerator and add apples, nuts, dried cranberries and goat cheese and gently toss
If you don’t eat the entire salad, you can store the leftovers in the fridge, they should be consumed within 2 days.