These Key Lime Bars would make a great dessert for spring or summer!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 TBSP flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 TBSP Key lime juice
- 1 TBSP Key lime zest
- powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt, and beat on low speed until combined. Press dough evenly into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To prepare filling: In medium bowl, whisk eggs and 2 cups sugar. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Gently whisk in the lime juice and zest. Pour over cooled crust and bake for 25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.