This Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Plus, it makes for an easy freezer meal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (I do not go cheap on the diced to tomatoes. I really like the CENTO brand.)
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup Colby or Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Start by browning ground beef with diced onions and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until ground beef is fully cooked. Drain fat. Place skillet back on heat source add bell peppers, diced tomatoes, uncooked rice, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer.
- Cook for 18 minutes or until rice is fully cooked through. Add cheese, cover and allow cheese to melt. Top with cilantro.
TIP: This is a great meal to make a freezer meal. When I make this I always cook one and add an extra one to the freezer. I chop the other half of the peppers and onions and add the remaining ingredients to a large freezer bag. It makes for a quick and easy meal for a later date with no chopping required.