Hot Chocolate Bombs are super fun and they make great gifts for the holidays!
- 10 oz bag melting chocolate (I like Ghirardelli’s dark) Can use white chocolate or dark or both
- 9 TBSP hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- decorator pastry bag
- half circle silicone molds (set of 2)
- First melt the chocolate, this can be done in the microwave, melting at 30 second interments until completely melted and smooth.
- With a spoon coat inside of silicone mold with chocolate.
- Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes or until set.
- Check mold and re-coat with chocolate to make sure there is no weak spots. Place back in freezer for 5 more minutes.
- Removed chocolate from mold and fill 1/2 of the chocolate molds with 1 1/2 TBSP of hot chocolate mix, and sprinkle mini marshmallows on top.
- Add melted chocolate to pastry bag and cut off tip to make a very small round tip.
- Use the pastry bag to go around the perimeter of the half circle and add the other half circle on to the top of the side that is filled with hot cocoa.
- Place back into freezer to set about 5 minutes. You can set them back in the mold for an easy way to store them in the freezer.
- Decorate with white chocolate drizzle and sprinkles!
- When ready to use just add chocolate bomb into hot milk, the chocolate will melt exposing the powder and mini marshmallows.
- Give it a quick stir with a spoon.
It may not seem like you are using much chocolate powder mix, but the combination of the chocolate bomb and powder makes it the perfect cup of chocolatey goodness. Do not try to mix with water, this can only be used with milk.